Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Jen's London Experience

My BB did such a wonderful job blogging about our incredible trip to London!  I wanted him to blog it because I had been to London back in 2004 when I graduated college and I was afraid I wouldn't give as much detail as he would.  We had such a great time and I loved showing him around and seeing/doing things I didn't do the first time.

I was about 8 weeks pregnant when we were there and I had started to feel really tired though and I really struggled with food.  Starting around 6 weeks I lost my appetite and it was very difficult to find something that not only sounded good to eat, but something that I would actually eat once it was in front of me.  Ha ha.  I had been consuming a lot of Ramen noodles in the weeks before we left.  Let's just say that the food in the UK is NOT very good at all.  I had experienced that on my first trip, but was able to find some food that was good.  This time it was much more difficult.  I was no longer eating chicken (the word chicken would make me gag) and I normally don't eat turkey or pork, so that pretty much only left beef.  Hamburgers were my friend, but they weren't cheap.  I did eat a lot of pasta, which was great, especially at that Italian place we ate at the first night in town.  Best fettuccine I've ever had!  What I was really craving though was smoothies and salads.  I don't think I ever saw a smoothie place and I looked!  Also, most places we went didn't have decent salads.  They had Caesar salad, but I'm not supposed to have that, so eating became pretty difficult for me.  Brian was super sweet though and even let me have Subway one night.  He was also great about keeping a good pace each day.  I was grateful that we got to spend a whole week there because we didn't have to cram everything in.  We slept in most days, and didn't stay out too late.  It was a perfect trip...if only it had been a little warmer.  :)

Also, Brian told you of my first bout with the dreaded morning sickness.  I had been experiencing the nausea for weeks, but hadn't actually thrown up until the day of our long day trip.  That was a rough day, but only 1 day out of the whole trip is pretty good.  I wished I could say that was the only time I got morning sickness, but that wasn't the case.  Oh well, all part of the process!

Anyway, I just wanted to tell my thoughts on the trip as well.  It was wonderful and I'm so glad we were able to do that.  As you'll read coming up lots happened after!

No comments: