Saturday, August 4, 2012

Trip to San Diego Part 1

July 3rd 2012

Brian and I were really nervous about taking Luke on a plane, but wanted to go to San Diego for a vacation to visit my parents.  We chose to take a late flight hoping that Luke would fall asleep.

Here are my boys at the terminal.  Luke was crawling all around checking things out. 





We got extremely lucky and were upgraded to first class as they were trying to seat families together.  We didn't have seats together either in coach, or first class but people in first class moved so that Brian and I could sit together.  I was so grateful.  I had never flown first class so I was pretty excited! It was great to have that extra space.

Luke did awesome.  My friends gave me the tip to feed Luke during take off and landing to help with his ears.  He was awake for the first bit but didn't cry at all.  Luke was more interested in his surroundings.  He eventually fell asleep in my arms.  He of course woke up when we landed to say hello to his grandparents!  We were so elated that flying with Luke was a good experience!

Unfortuately our luggage didn't make it to San Diego!  Grrr!  Thankfully the car seat and stroller did, but the ticket agent messed up our suitcase.

July 4th

Waking up!  This is Luke's bed for the vacation.  My parents had a old crib, but Luke doesn't like to sleep in his crib yet, so we knew that wasn't an option.  This worked quite well.  He woke up happy!


Meeting Summer through the door. 




Playing the piano that mom learned to play on.


 


Exploring Grandma and Grandpa's house, which included chasing after Salem.



Luke kept grabbing Salem's tail, and thankfully Salem didn't freak out!  There was always at least one of us right there just in case he did.


Eating in the high chair my parents had.

This is my life now.  Luke likes to be around my feet!


Hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa.






We went to Webb Park for the annual 4th of July celebrations.  It was kind of lame.  It was much cooler back when I was younger.  We did walk around the pond and saw some ducks and turtles.



Here's Luke petting Summer.  You can tell by his face that he was so excited!  It was really cute!


We were able to meet up with the Cartwright clan, as the Hampton's were in town from Alaska and Andrea just had her little boy, Watson on June 30th!  I was so excited to see my friends and for them to meet Luke and for me to meet Watson!

Here's me with Watson and Andrea with Luke!  It was so weird holding a newborn!  I can hardly remember Luke being that small, and it wasn't that long ago!  Ha ha


I'm not sure what my face was all about here, but I love Luke's face as he watches Andrea talk.



The weather in San Diego was perfect and it happened to be a very cool evening and we were headed out to see the fireworks.  I'm grateful that I packed Luke's USC tracksuit, because he needed it.  Then, since our suitcase still hadn't arrived and Brian and I didn't pack sweaters/jackets anyway, my parents loaned us some warm gear, which also happened to be USC!  Lucky!


Trojan Family!  I'd love it if Luke went to USC, but he's going to have to get a scholarship!  :)


We ended up at a park near my middle school where we'd have a good view of the fireworks and set up.  I had a blanket in the grass for us, but Luke wanted Grandpa's chair. 



The fireworks started and Luke was mesmorized!  He wasn't scared at all!


I grabbed him and made him sit with me since it was our first 4th of July!


I love our family.


We did a little photoshoot with Luke afterwards because he looked so awesome in his tracksuit.

Cutest face ever!




Reading, "I Love You, Grandma"




Story Time with Grandma and Grandpa.


The delicious Berry Triffle that my mom made.  I want some now!  Yum!


What a great 4th!  So happy to be home.  More days to come!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Glad you told me you were taking the picture. Haha. That track suit is the raddest thing ever! Leave it to the Taylor family! Haha!