Wednesday, January 12, 2011

It's Almost Christmas

December 23/24, 2010

We were so excited for Christmas.  Brian was lucky enough to get Christmas Eve off (after I begged him to request it).  We left the evening of the 23rd for San Diego, but not before we took a picture of our tree with all our presents under it.  It looked so pretty.



I definitely have to say that there were a good number of presents under the tree and many had my name on them.  Yippee!

We drove down to my parents where we got to spend Christmas Eve together with my family.  Both my brother and sister (plus her boyfriend David) were already home.  We enjoyed hanging out and catching up.

Brian and I were put in charge of a dessert for Christmas.  We decided to tackle a cheesecake (chocolate...yum).  Here we are making it:



Brian sure does like to taste test...




It's finished baking and we discovered it was also home to some earthquake fault lines.  :)

After the baking we thought we'd better put our gifts under the tree.  There was hardly any room!

We spent the rest of day hanging out and playing Mexican Train Dominoes.  Lots of fun was had by all.  I'm pretty sure I beat everyone at Dominoes too.  Hooray!  I like to win!  

Oh, don't worry there will be more cheesecake pictures in the next post!

No comments: