Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Our 1st Thanksgiving

Thursday November 25, 2010

We woke up in the morning and made these delicious cinnamon rolls! 


I found these Rhodes rolls at Wal-Mart!  I was so excited.  Aren't my little turkey's cute?  My mom gave them to me.


After breakfast we spent the day lounging around watching football and movies!  It was very relaxing!  We decided not to make a traditional Turkey dinner because I'm not a fan of turkey and it seemed like a lot of work for just the 2 of us.  We decided instead to make homemade pizza!

As I started working on the dough for the pizza, I found that I was adding a lot of flour, I mean, a lot of flour.  I looked down at the recipe and realized that instead of making my pizza dough recipe I was making my bread dough recipe, which is a huge recipe!  I was so mad at myself because what was I going to do with all this dough.


Sorry for my scary appearance.  Since we didn't go anywhere I didn't straighten my hair or put on any make up.  Oops!


 Here I am with the finished pizza.  Lots of crust, right?


Here we are with our dinner.  We did have some delicious sparkling apple cider to make it more fancy!



And, here's all the bread that I made with my dough.  We had the pizza, a loaf of bread, and I made some fry bread (it's like a scone and super good).  Brian enjoyed them.


At the end of the night Brian finally got to eat his pumpkin pie that I made!  He was a happy BB!  He actually ended up with 3 pumpkin pies...super lucky!


Amid all my cooking struggles, we really enjoyed our first Thanksgiving together!

No comments: