Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Pumpkin Bars

November 6, 2010

During the Fall season, I am a fan of pumpkin treats!  I usually make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, which are super yummy, but last year I was introduced to pumpkin bars by someone in my ward.  I got the recipe from her and I was able to use one of my jelly roll pans that Brian's mom gave to me last year for Christmas.  Brian loves all things pumpkin so he was very excited about the pumpkin bars.  So much so that he had to take lots of pictures of me frosting them.  Pardon the pj bottoms.  I change into them first thing when I get home.  :)




Here's Brian all excited for his pumpkin bar!



So, I'm not going to lie.  Brian and I ate the whole pan ourselves!  We just couldn't share!  Yes, we might have a problem...

**Here's the recipe**
Pumpkin Layer

4 eggs
1 cup oil
2 1/4 cups sugar
1 can (16 oz) Pumpkin
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda

Beat eggs, oil, and sugar.  Mix in pumpkin, then flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda.  Pour into greased 17x11 inch baking pan (Jelly roll pan) bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes.
Let the bars cool and then spread on Cream Cheese Frosting

Cream Cheese Frosting (I doubled this recipe)

1- 3oz package of cream cheese (softened)
6 Tbsp butter (softened)
1 Tbsp milk
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Beat cream cheese with butter until creamy, add milk, powdered sugar, and vanilla.  Beat until smooth.

3 comments:

The Gilley's said...

Ummm...I want the recipe! Those look delicious!! And you guys do not have a problem. You are just tasting it for the rest of us, so the next batch you will know exactly how it will taste. Hee Hee. :) Miss ya!

Erin said...

I want the recipe too! They look so good. What's the topping?

Jen said...

I added the recipe and Erin, it's a cream cheese frosting. So yummy!