Friday, August 19, 2011

My Birthday

July 21, 2011

I can't believe I turned 29!  I'm starting to feel old.  :(  It was a great day though.  Sadly, Brian was at work, so I was alone most of the day, but we had a great evening.

Here are the flowers my parents sent me.  They were beautiful!


My parents also gave me a gift certificate to a maternity store, so I went out and bought a dress for my birthday.  Brian wanted to get some shots of me in my new dress.  Here I am at 28 weeks.  I felt huge!


Here's Brian at 28 weeks too.  He he.  His bump is much smaller than mine!


A super cute picture of the 2 of us.


We had Courtney and David over for cake (no pictures of them though...sorry).  Here's my ice cream cake.  Yay!  It was chocolate with peanut butter cups inside.  So yummy!


Here I am with my cake.  You might be able to see the nice bruise I have on my left arm.  The day before my birthday I had to take my glucose test at the Doctor's to check for gestational diabetes.  It was traumatic for me because I hate getting my blood drawn and they had a really difficult time finding a vein.  Brian was 99% sure that I had diabetes because I had been getting dizzy often and even fainted on him one Saturday while we were out.  Thankfully I had gotten a call a few hours before and they told me that I had passed and I was free to eat my birthday cake!  Hooray!  I was going to cry if I couldn't!


Brian is really good at surprising me with gifts.  I had no idea what he had planned to get me because he didn't ask for any ideas or anything.  He had been out shopping though, so I knew he was up to something.  My big gift was a NEW LAPTOP!  I was so excited.  I bought my previous laptop in 2002 and I had really needed a new one.  We had looked before, but didn't get it, so it was a great gift to get!  Plus it has a 10-key on the keyboard, which I think is super awesome!


Brian also got me a funny gift of food, but hey when you're pregnant, you want food!  I had been saying for the last couple of weeks how I had been craving potato chips.  So, Brian got me some!  Yummy!  Love Salt and Vinegar!


It was such a great birthday!  My BB is the best!  Thanks honey for making it awesome!

1 comment:

The Gilley's said...

What a fun birthday! :) And I love both of the belly shot! :) SO cute!