Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Fourth of July Holiday

July 3, 2011

Since we're new to the area, we didn't really know what to do for the 4th of July holiday.  It's been super hot here that we weren't in the mood to go to any sort of outdoor activity.  The heat has been miserable for me.  I hate leaving the apartment to go anywhere.  Anyway, I talked with my sister and we ended up going over to her and David's house for a BBQ.  Now, this BBQ was definitely fancier than any traditional BBQ.  David made some yummy cheesy bread appetizers, and grilled steaks.  Courtney was in charge of putting together individual chopped salads and she made homemade macaroni and cheese.  It was delicious!  We had fun chatting with them and some friends they had over as well.

I was in charge of dessert, which is my favorite thing to be in charge of.  I made something that I hadn't made for Brian before.  I made what I call a Peach Bake.  It's super easy and really good.  Brian's a fan of it now.


Brian of course wanted to get a shot of me with it.  It's a good bump shot too.  I'm about 26 weeks in this picture.


We had a great time, so much so that we lost track of time and missed the fireworks.  Oh well...maybe next year!  It's been so fun being close to my sister so that we can get together and do these things.

No comments: