Tuesday, August 23, 2011

3D Ultrasounds of Baby Ingram

August 3, 2011

For my 30 week appointment the doctor decided to do an ultrasound.  I was so excited because it had been 10-11 weeks since I had seen my little guy!  Brian was able to come during his lunch break and he was excited too.  He hadn't seen our little man since I was just 9 weeks along.  We had originally planned not to do a 3D ultrasound, but once we saw him in the 2D we were desperate to see his face better.

Here he is.  I'm not sure why the picture is on it's side.  I rotated it...oh well.  Isn't he super cute?  We loved that he threw up the peace sign (or as my parents say the "V" for Victory...meaning he's a USC fan already)! 


He was super active during the ultrasound, so much so that after a few minutes he flipped himself over and faced my back. We were sad that we didn't get to see more. But the ultrasound tech promised to take more pictures at my next appointment.

We found out at this appointment that my fluid levels are high, which is something that the doctor wants to monitor on a weekly basis.  It's a little scary because high levels can cause preterm labor.  The bonus is that I get an ultrasound each week.

August 10, 2011

I went in the next week for another check on my fluid levels (hooray they went down a little!) and I got to get more 3D pictures of my sweet little guy. 



He was still super active so a lot of the shots are a little blurry, but it's fun to watch him move around in my tummy. He's been pretty crazy active since I was about 27 weeks. It's fun, but definitely can be painful!  Brian loves feeling him move and kick and is constantly surprised at how strong our little man is.  We are so excited to meet him. 


Only 7 more weeks from today (8/23/11) (as long as my fluid levels don't go up)!


1 comment:

The Gilley's said...

He is such a cutie already!! :) Gosh 7 weeks seems like it is right around the corner...but if I know right, I'm hoping it goes a little fast for you Jen...with the heat and all. Soon you guys will be able to hold your cute bundle of joy!!! :) So excited for you two!!!