Monday, September 12, 2011

The Taylor's Come to Texas- Part 1

Wednesday August 24, 2011

I was so excited to have my parents come visit.  They just had to come visit Courtney, Me, and their grandson growing in my belly!  We had a fun time; my parents spoiled me and boy did we eat a lot over the long weekend.  They arrived on Wednesday afternoon and we spent some time catching up while everyone was still at work.  My mom also helped me to start a quilting project for my baby (more on this project will come in a later post). Once everyone got home from work we went out for some BBQ at Red Hot and Blue. 


The food was so good!  We love good BBQ.  We then went back to Courtney and David's for some cheesecake that I made to celebrate my parent's anniversary which was on August 21st.


Brian was so full after that he had to skip breakfast the next day.  :)

Thursday August 25, 2011

Thursday, my parents took me out to breakfast at the Cracker Barrel.  They love this place...I haven't figured out what makes it so special, but I'm not one to turn down food.  We then drove around and did some shopping, and I showed them the hospital where I'll be delivering.  They plan on coming out again when baby comes.  Then that night we went out to a steak house called Del Frisco's in Addison.

Brian had to get a belly shot...I'm 33 weeks here.


Here are shots of us all during dinner.  Dallas was at the end of Restaurant Week, so they had a good deal on an appetiser, entree, and dessert dishe.  Brian and I shared one.  The steak was delicious.





Friday August 26, 2011

My mom and I spent Friday working on the quilt while my dad hung out with David.  We got a lot accomplished.  We also just relaxed a bit.  That night we went to another restaurant for Restaurant Week.  This time we went to The Dragonfly in Uptown (which is the top part of downtown Dallas...ha ha).  Brian was better at documenting dinner probably because we were seated in a private room, which was actually the wine room.  It was nice and cold in there which I thought was great...but everyone else was desperate for a sweater.



Brian and I with our appetizers.  The Dragonfly is more of a modern American type so their portions were on the small side, but everything was really good.  I got a green "salad" and Brian had gazpacho.




Since we had steak the night before, Brian and I both ordered the tea crusted chicken.  It came with fresh watermelon and blackberries, a corn type mush, and fried okra.  The chicken was really really moist and delicious!


On to the best course...dessert!  Brian got a rice krispy treat topped with Panna Cotta with a yummy guava sauce.


I got a cookies and creme ice cream sandwich.  It was good, but I ended up loving Brian's better.  He was nice enough to switch with me.
 


The other dessert option that both David and my mom got was a peanut butter filled chocolate cake with a shot of milk.  Can you see the cute shot glass?  I thought that was awesome!


It was another delicious dinner.

More food and fun to come.  Stay tuned.

No comments: