Sunday, December 11, 2011

The quilt I made Luke

Luke's Puff Quilt

Years ago I came across my friend Heidi's blog (honeybearlane.com),  She makes beautiful baby puff quilts.  I decided that I wanted to make one when I had babies, so now was the time.  I purchased her tutorial and went shopping for fabric.  I didn't want to be set on a certain theme or color and I had a hard time finding something I liked.  Finally Brian and I picked out some great fabric and I was excited to get started!

I started back in August while my parents were in town so I could get help from my mom.  She's a wonderful sewer and I knew I needed her help!  We cut out all the fabric, which was hard work!  My dad had to help me with the math of it. 




Here's my first puff!  It's so cute!  Only 60 some odd more to do...yikes!


Here's a puff in each of the 8 fabrics.


Here are all the puffs!  Brian helped me lay the pattern.



Sewing the puffs together.





The middle of the quilt is done!



Brian was great and helped me lots.  Here he is helping with the border. 



Hard at work.

The back is on!


The finished product!  It was hard work, and it's not perfect (it's good for a first attempt), but I love it because I made it just for my Luke!





Here's my 10 day old baby on his special quilt!  He looks so tiny on it!



I love my little Luke!

3 comments:

Becca Anderson said...

WOW! That is an awesome quilt. My hubby loves quilts but I don't think I could ever make one like that!

Jon + Kat said...

The quilt turned out great! Love the fabric! I think I've bought almost all of those fabrics for various projects! Great work!

The Gilley's said...

Jen, you and Brian make a GREAT team! The quilt turned out beautiful! You are so talented! :)