Sunday, June 10, 2012

Brian's Old Stuff

My parents brought up the last of my boxes of things they had stored at their place. They've been bringing it up little by little because I was kind of a hoarder with all my old toys and such. But Luke will have the best toys in the neighborhood to play with one day! As I was going through things I came across old posters and a basketball hat I had made. My friend Josh and I went to lots of high school and Baylor games together and went nuts. We even made it on TV and the newspaper a couple times.


Try hitting a free throw with that guy yelling at you.

It's that time of year when sweet watermelons start to hit the grocery stores. We got one and shared with Luke. We put some in his mesh feeder and he loved sucking the watermelon out. We also tried peeling some grapes to put in there and he loved those too.




Luke's learned to eat better too. He takes spoonfuls of baby food now from us instead of always having to hold the spoon himself. He also like to eat straight from the bowl.






And Jen made a new dessert recently and it was soooooo good. It's peanut butter cup s'mores. It has a baked cookie dough with graham cracker on the top and bottom, and a layer of Reese's peanut butter cups, and a layer of marshmallow cream. Ridiculously good!



Luke's starting to show more signs of crawling. He can lift himself up high on his hands and get his knees under him. He can reach and stretch to grab things.




I got up in the attic over our garage and nailed down the decking my dad helped me throw up there. We've gone from 60 sq ft to 120 sq ft. Tons of room for storage. We love it.




Big thanks to my dad for showing me how's it done. All those years of being his helper around the house are starting to pay off.

No comments: