Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Trip to Texas Part 1

Thursday January 13, 2011

Brian and I got to go visit family in Texas at the beginning of the year and we were excited!  It had been over a year since our last visit and I was looking forward to meeting lots of Brian's extended family.

We left really early in the morning.  Brian slept on the flight to Dallas while I started reading a book.  I got really caught up in the book and the next thing I knew we landed and exhaustion hit me.  We arrived to DFW a little late and needed to catch a connecting flight to Waco.  We didn't have enough time and we missed our plane by 1 minute.  They closed the gate 10 minutes before departure and we were stuck.
There's our plane.  :(  They did book us on the next flight, but we had 3 1/2 hours to kill before that.  We immediately called Brian's parents so they wouldn't head to the airport to get us.  Sadly, Brian's dad had already left and didn't have a cell phone on him.  We felt awful.  When he noticed that we didn't get off our flight he headed home and then made the trip back to the airport when we did arrive.  Sorry!


So, as we had 3 1/2 hours to kill we wandered around the airport.  We heard about some art that was in one of the terminals so we headed there to check it out.  First we came across this castle!


 We then found the art work, which were cool tile mosaics on the ground.  Here's Brian soaring through the air on a bird.  Ha ha.



Oh, and I found Tony Romo!




There was this other cool sculpture and we had to video our adventure.


We finally boarded a plane and I desperately wanted to get some shut eye.  Unfortunately the flight is super short so I didn't get to sleep.  Brian did point out this awesome view from the air.


Friday January 14, 2011
Friday we hung around Waco.  I woke up with a cold (probably from lack of sleep) and it was chilly outside.  We did take a little trip to see the high school's new football stadium.  It's really nice but I guess Texas does take their football seriously!



That night we stayed at home and hung out with the family.  Here's a silly picture of Brian with our nephew Jackson!

No comments: