Thursday, October 7, 2010

San Diego Visit

August 13-15th, 2010

Brian and I decided it would be fun to go to San Diego to visit my parents and go do something fun.  Brian hasn't seen a whole lot of San Diego, and every time we were down there before the wedding, it was to do wedding stuff, so there wasn't much fun (other than wedding fun) to be had.  We drove down Friday night and stopped at one of our favorite places to eat.  Northwood's Inn.  Have I mentioned it before?  I'm sure I have, but boy do we love it!  I don't remember the first time I went there as a kid, but it's been a family favorite for quite some time.  The best thing they have is the 2 salads and bread. 

Here's Brian with our meal.


So you get a iceberg salad with a blue cheese dressing and then a red cabbage salad with a red wine vinaigrette.  They are delicious!  Plus the salads are served with garlic cheese bread, which is to die for!  Seriously, we are addicted!  I introduced Brian to Northwood's Inn back when we were dating and let's just say I think he loves it more than I do. 

On Saturday we slept in and then decided to go to Coronado Island with my parents.  It was a beautiful day!

Here we are driving over the Coronado Bridge.






 Great views of downtown San Diego.  I love the skyline!


We found a little cupcake shop and had to get a couple.  Yummy!

Check out the car...BB <3 Zoom!  It must be BB's car!

This is the inside lobby of the Hotel Del Coronado.  It's beautiful inside and out.

We ate lunch at the hotel on the dock looking out towards the ocean.  A live band was playing some great songs.

Here's the outside of the Hotel.  It's pretty famous!  

Here's Brian sampling his cupcake when we got home.  I think it was a hit!

Brian also had a present to open from my parents.  They gave him a Star Wars shaped pancake set.  We can't wait to try them out!  
 

Sunday, Brian and I went to church, hung out, and then drove back to LA, but it was a great weekend and we enjoyed spending time with my parents!  Thanks Mom and Dad Taylor!

3 comments:

The Gilley's said...

I've never visited San Diego. I should go, it's beautiful! :)

KaraLyn said...

We love that cupcake shop. It is part of our Coronado traditions now too.

April said...

Wait a second. where is that Nothwoods place?? That salad sounds so good!