Sunday, July 3, 2011

Baby Blanket and Pie

**So...as Brian announced in his previous post...things are crazy, but we are moving to Texas!!!  This is something we started praying about just months after getting married because we knew it would be difficult (aka expensive) to raise a family in the LA area of California.  We had been trying for months for an open position that would fit, but to no avail.  We did know that when it happened it was going to be fast and boy was it.  There were some mixed feelings.  I was so excited at the prospect of being in a place we could afford better especially with our little one on the way, and being closer to my sister who lives in Dallas and Brian's family, but I was heartbroken to leave my parents.  Brian and I enjoyed taking many weekend trips down to San Diego to spend time with them and with this being my parent's first grand-baby I felt awful.  We had prepared then last fall letting them know that moving to Texas was our intention, but there was no baby at that time. It was difficult, but we all know that the move is for the best.**

April 16, 2011

With Brian being the house husband and me not feeling too well at all, I enjoyed being taken care of.  He was so good at fixing dinner (which I didn't eat much of because I was feeling a lot more morning / all day sickness now) and cleaning up.  I'm so grateful that he let me rest when I'd get home from work.  I was definitely exhausted and we starting calling me Jenny Sloth.  Ha ha.

It has been a dream of mine to make a baby blanket for my child (and other future children), but since it was still too early and we didn't know what we were having I decided to make a white blanket to use for the baby blessing that we will do once the baby is born.  I also decided to crochet it because I've had experience with crochet before and I thought I could make something beautiful.  I bought a book at Joann's with a pattern I liked and asked my aunt (the crochet expert) if it was something I could actually do.  She said it might be difficult, but that I should give it a try.  I went out and bought the needle and yarn and started working.  Here's a couple of pictures that Brian took of me starting out.



Needless to say, I only did a little bit and then needed help from my Aunt, who thankfully I was seeing soon.  She helped me with the harder stitches, but I have such a tight grip when I crochet she recommended that I start over with a larger needle.  And, here it is almost 3 months later and I haven't restarted yet.  It's on my list of things to do this week.  Yikes!

April 24, 2011

Also, a perk of having Brian home was that he wanted to try his hand at making me yummy treats.  We had an extra pie crust and we're trying to eat our freezer food before the big "move" so he whipped up a peanut butter, chocolate pudding pie.  

 He was so proud and it was delicious!


This became my regular spot after work...lying on the couch!  I ate dinner here practically every night.



Yay for pie!  I definitely didn't have a problem eating this!  Sweets were never hard!  Ha ha


No comments: