Monday, July 25, 2011

Baby's Gender

May 9, 2011

I had scheduled my ultrasound a couple of weeks before everything happened with Brian's new job in Texas.  I was devastated when I found out that he wasn't going to be there.  What were were going to do about finding out what we were having?  I wondered if we should just wait until I was in Texas and had found a new doctor.  There was a small problem though as friends wanted to throw me a shower before I left LA and I really didn't want gender neutral things.

Brian and I decided that I'd ask the ultrasounds technician to write the gender on a paper and put it in an envelope to open later.  That is exactly what I did.  The ultrasound went well, but I didn't get to see much.  I didn't want to accidentally see something.  The tech was great and I carried the sealed envelope with me all day (and I wasn't even tempted to open it!).  Once I got home, I emailed Brian the pictures that I was given so he could see our baby and then I opened the envelope.

I was pretty sure that the baby was going to be a girl.  It was just something I thought since the very beginning although it really didn't matter to me.  I just wanted a healthy baby.  Brian had also thought it was going to be a girl because that's what I had been thinking.

We were surprised to find out that the paper said BOY!  

We immediately called our families to share the good news!  Pretty much my entire family assumed it was going to be a girl too.  It was fun to shock them.  We are so excited for our little boy to join us.  Here are the pictures that I got from the ultrasound.


He's so cute!  We love him!

1 comment:

The Gilley's said...

What a cute little profile!!! :)