Monday, July 25, 2011

Moving Time for Jen

The original plan was to have Brian fly back to LA over Memorial weekend to load up and U-haul and then to drive us out to Texas.  After Brian's car accident I decided that wasn't a good idea at all because I knew the drive would be hard for Brian to do again and I really didn't want to be stuck in a U-haul.  I asked Brian if we could just hire a moving company and let me fly out to Texas?  It took some pleading, but it was really the best decision.  I met with different companies to get quotes and worked on finishing up the packing.  My parents came up one weekend and helped too.  My dad posted about it on his blog.  Click here (there's great pictures) I was super grateful for their help and sad to say goodbye to them.  It was nice being in close proximity to them and they were so excited for their first grand baby.  Now they just have to travel a little further, but they'll get 3 for 1 (Me, Courtney, and baby)

Then it was finally moving day!

May 27, 2011

The movers arrived around 9:30 and loaded up.  Boy did we have a ton of stuff and the apartment looked so strange empty.  Here are some pictures after everything was gone.





It took a lot longer than I thought it would for the loading process (6+ hours), but it was on the truck and I was happy that we didn't have to do it ourselves.

I spent the night at a friend's (who was gone for the weekend) and was set to fly out the next day.

May 28, 2011

I'm sure you may be wondering what happened to Edna?  Edna was my 1998 Tan (yuck) Ford Taurus that I had been driving since 2001.  It was my mom's leased car that my grandmother had bought for me to use when I moved to Utah for school.  While I didn't love the car for it's aesthetics, it had major sentimental value.  Since it was old it really wasn't going to be worth bringing it to Texas (plus the ac wasn't working and that would have been bad with the hot summer approaching).  My aunt mentioned selling it to CarMax, which was an awesome idea and exactly what I did.  I drove it to a CarMax that was close to LAX and within a couple of hours sold it for what Brian and I found it was worth (on Kelly Blue Book).  We got more than we figured we would for it.  Here's one last picture of me with Edna.


After I handed over the keys and got my check, I took a taxi to the airport and hopped on a plane to Dallas to see my BB.  I was so happy to finally be reunited with him.  It was hard being apart for the 3 weeks, but we survived and are ready to start our life in a new place.

No comments: