Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A NEW CAR!!!

May 30, 2011

I've always wanted to come on down because I'm the next contestant on The Price is Right, shake Bob Barker's hand as he points to a massive sliding doorway and hear Rod Roddy shout, "A NEW CAR!!!" I could gawk and jump and ham it up good for the cameras in excitement. Unfortunately, buying a car is not as fun.

I was so happy to have my Jenny Bear with me finally. But we needed some wheels quick because the insurance company was going to settle with me. My truck ended up being totaled. Even though I liked the truck, I have to say I wasn't disappointed. Jen and I are starting a family and a two-seater truck just isn't family friendly. So it kind of works out for us.

I had been expecting this so I was already researching cars and prices and preparing to deal with the car salesmen for a while. Jen needed a new car too since she sold hers in LA. We liked the Hyundai models so I did a lot of the leg work online first. We found a black 2011 Tucson in Ft. Worth that Jen liked for a great price. We got there and test drove it and said we'd buy it. The car salesman actually was really nice and not the typical slimeball which was wonderful. He said, "Let's go in and do the paperwork" and I said, "Well wait a minute. Can I see the Elantra? Because I want one of those too." We tested the Elantra and liked it. This was a silver 2012 model and I told him we didn't have to buy it so I needed to get a great deal. I managed to buy it at the invoice price and now Jen and I are riding in style...


We love our new rides. Jen's never had a brand new car so this is really special for her. Now she just needs flames painted on, two 15 inch subwoofers in the back to let everyone know she's coming, and hydraulics for some three wheel action. She's going to be the envy of the kiddie car pool one day for our boy and his friends. Flames on that black paint are gonna look INCENDIARY I'm telling you!

1 comment:

KaraLyn said...

Wow, two new cars at once. Your salesman must have thought he'd died and gone to heaven. Pretty exciting for you too. Congratulations!