Sunday, September 26, 2010

My Birthday!

July 21, 2010

Sadly my birthday was on a work day!  I hate that.  I think that all companies should give employees the day off for their birthday!  Who really wants to work that day anyway?  I sure don't...but I did. 

After work I came home and Brian and I headed to the Greek Theater!  It's a great outdoor venue!  Brian had surprised me a few weeks earlier with tickets to see Keane!  I absolutely love Keane!  I saw them twice last year as you may have read about on my old blog.  They are my favorite!

Ingrid Michaelson opened the show!  She was seriously awesome!  I really enjoyed her songs and her interaction with the crowd!  She made the concert more fun, even doing a hilarious version of Brittney Spears' "Toxic" as her final song!  It was so cool!




Here Brian and I are waiting for Keane to come on!


And finally they do and they rock!  If you've never listened to them before, you should!  I love the lyrics of the songs and Tom, the lead singer.  He's got such a great voice that can hit some high notes.








Ha ha.  Brian caught me singing along!

Here's a video of their song called, "Haven't Told Me Anything" from their 3rd album Perfect Symmetry.  I love this song live because of the little dance the keyboardist does.



Then, this next video  Brian took is of their most popular song, "Somewhere Only We Know."  This may sound familiar to anyone who was at our wedding reception.  We had this be the final song played before we left.  When Brian and I began dating I had to explain my love of Keane to him.  Keane was what I called my "therapy music" for several years.  Keane was a group I loved to listen to daily and the lyrics have made such an impact on me.  So, I burned Brian a mix of my favorite Keane songs, which was really had to do seeing that I loved them all, but I didn't want to overwhelm him.  One day while we were at work, he said he'd see me tonight (via phone of course) and that it would be "Somewhere Only We Know".  :)  He's so romantic!




Now, this last video contains one of my absolute favorite songs (I have 2 that I love more than the rest, and this is one of them).  It's called "Bedshaped" and it's from Keane's first album "Hopes and Fears."  Sadly Brian focused a little too bit on me during this song.  I am NOT a good singer, but I tend to belt it out at concerts hoping no one can hear me.  The videos, picked up my voice :(.  But the song is amazing and I wanted to share it!


It was such a wonderful night and an amazing way to spend my 1st birthday with my husband!  He picked a great present to give me!  I loved it!

1 comment:

The Gilley's said...

Sooo cute, and I love those songs!:) You guys have so much fun.